Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Query re. Points on payscale grade vi

• 03-03-2021 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ Tippgirl74

I am enquiring in regards to a public sector role where the 7 point salary scale- grade vi- is €48,541 to €59,320 with all new entrants starting on the first point of the scale.

I am enquiring if anyone is familiar with this scale and how many years or increments are required to reach the highest point. The last 2 points are lsi's which are received after 3 years at the top of the scale and a further 3 years respectively. Can I assume that the first 5 points are reached annually (assuming increments are deemed merited)? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ GalwayGrrrrrl

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    I am enquiring in regards to a public sector role where the 7 point salary scale- grade vi- is €48,541 to €59,320 with all new entrants starting on the first point of the scale.

I am enquiring if anyone is familiar with this scale and how many years or increments are required to reach the highest point. The last 2 points are lsi's which are received after 3 years at the top of the scale and a further 3 years respectively. Can I assume that the first 5 points are reached annually (assuming increments are deemed merited)? Many thanks.
    Yes, the first five are annual increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ Tippgirl74

Yes, the first five are annual increments.

Many thanks. Appreciate clarification. Couldn't find it anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭ ari101

Are there any skips going under pay restoration agreements that apply? I know some scales although annual you get to skip, for example (can't remember the actual numbers), point 3 and 7. Or do they only apply to entrants before a certain date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ Tzardine

ari101 wrote: »
    Are there any skips going under pay restoration agreements that apply? I know some scales although annual you get to skip, for example (can't remember the actual numbers), point 3 and 7. Or do they only apply to entrants before a certain date?

I think the skipping arrangement only applied to CO, EO and AO grades. (not including the higher versions of these grades). It was to skip points 4 and 8.

Open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭ ari101

Tzardine wrote: »
    I think the skipping arrangement only applied to CO, EO and AO grades. (not including the higher versions of these grades). It was to skip points 4 and 8.

Open to correction though.

Ah my memory was only vague, thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement