Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendation for a safe neighbourhood in Porlaoise.

Options
  • 03-03-2021 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I'm retiring from the public sector in a few months and looking at Portlaoise or thereabouts for a house.
    I would be grateful for any suggestions for a friendly, safe area to settle in.
    Is Esker hill a good place? etc. I realise that nowhere is perfect, but just would like a reasonable suggestion.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I'm retiring from the public sector in a few months and looking at Portlaoise or thereabouts for a house.
    I would be grateful for any suggestions for a friendly, safe area to settle in.
    Is Esker hill a good place? etc. I realise that nowhere is perfect, but just would like a reasonable suggestion.
    Thanks in advance.

Yeah, Esker Hills is a nice spot, just avoid Buttercup Avenue
    (Boarded up apartments, Windows covered in cages, etc.)

Bellingham is nice too.
    There is a really pleasant place down by the peoples park.

Lots of places!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Portlaoise or thereabouts?
    Would you consider Abbeyleix, if the thereabouts takes you out of Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Portlaoise or thereabouts?
    Would you consider Abbeyleix, if the thereabouts takes you out of Portlaoise.

Thanks to you all for your suggestion. I have it sorted now. All the best

Advertisement