Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon bike headset clamp.

Options
  • 03-03-2021 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi I have a 2017 Canyon Ultimate 9.0.

It’s got the Acros AI-70 clamp setup with the little T6 screw to adjust.
    The screw is currently spinning and not clamping the spacers.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Thinking of changing it out for a top cap expander setup.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Ryans1993 wrote: »
    Hi I have a 2017 Canyon Ultimate 9.0.

It’s got the Acros AI-70 clamp setup with the little T6 screw to adjust.
    The screw is currently spinning and not clamping the spacers.

Has anyone had this problem?
    Thinking of changing it out for a top cap expander setup.
    Thanks.

You set it up once and it stays, in my experience. Unless you are removing the handle bars. You finger tighten it. Did you break it?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

I've broken one before and same it kept spinning, the plastic seems flimsy enough, LBS just popped on another cap and all sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

I've broken one before and same it kept spinning, the plastic seems flimsy enough, LBS just popped on another cap and all sorted
    Yes it’s very cheap and flemsy. Did your LBS just put on the top cap expander screw type?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ryans1993

You set it up once and it stays, in my experience. Unless you are removing the handle bars. You finger tighten it. Did you break it?

Yes possibly did break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Ryans1993 wrote: »
    Yes possibly did break it.

Very easy to fcuk up one of those fiddly setscrews. I think they did improve the most recent version of the Ai-70 clamp. Get a decent Torx screwdriver somewhere instead of using the Canyon supplied one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement