Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek marlin 7 2021 for a returning mtb-er?

Options
  • 03-03-2021 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all, used to knock around on a trek 4500 bought off lads in ballinastoe about 10/12 years ago. It was well used but I haven’t been on trails in probably 7/8 years.

Itching to get back now but will be tipping around on family cycles too so looking at trek marlin 7. I’ll only be trail riding probably once or twice a month on average on well know trails.

Any opinions? Budget would be €1000 no btw scheme available.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

rofno1 wrote: »
    Hi all, used to knock around on a trek 4500 bought off lads in ballinastoe about 10/12 years ago. It was well used but I haven’t been on trails in probably 7/8 years.

Itching to get back now but will be tipping around on family cycles too so looking at trek marlin 7. I’ll only be trail riding probably once or twice a month on average on well know trails.

Any opinions? Budget would be €1000 no btw scheme available.

Thanks

A good choice.

It's a modern do it all bike that has the same intentions as that old Trek but with the modern geometry is much more capable both up and down.

You might get pointed towards an "trail" or "all mountain" bike, but this will do the stuff those types of bike can but a bit slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Slower will suit me at this age! Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

rofno1 wrote: »
    Slower will suit me at this age! Thanks for reply.

Did you get this bike in the end? Seriously considering one myself.

Yeah, I went for it. Cracking bike so far. I've only been through forest trails as all the proper mountain trial are well outside my 5km limit.

Its some change from my very old bike, much more responsive. I just need to relearn how to hop & do manuals again!

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Excellent, thank you, that's sealed the deal for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Anyone know if there's any availablity of this bike in size L anywhere in Ireland? Looking to pick one up for the young lad for his birthday. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Depending on where you are try calling Ballyhoura trailcenter, PI cycles Mallow or Revolve in Gorey (They're who I can think of off top of my head for trek). They might have one in stock or possibly you might slip in on a cancelation. Hopefully the birthday is a good few months ahead.

Bikeworx in Kildare got a large Trek shipment in there last week, might be worth a call.

And Wheelworx in Fonthill.

I got mine in Pennyfarting Cycles in city centre

Advertisement