Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr. Jones Watches

• 02-03-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

A couple of Mr. Jones' quirky designs caught my eye. Does anyone have experience with them? Is the quality good and do they hold their value? The movements seem to be Chinese but I realize it's about the novelty and not high-precision timekeeping. :)

They're based in London so I'm looking at hefty custom and VAT fees too.

95-VL-Number-Cruncher-32mm-MENU_6bb0340c-fcd0-41a4-a4cf-75a61807826d_250x.jpg?v=1610367730

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I thought they were Swiss/Japanese quartz? Even Chinese quartz will be more than accurate enough for daily wear :D

I've come across the brand across facebook groups - I like their fun designs :)

And if they have their systems sorted out there wouldn't be much in the difference of VAT - they should remove UK VAT when shipping and then Irish VAT is added on when imported.

Don't have any idea for holding value - but I suspect as they are really quirky they probably don't hold value well unless you find someone who really likes exactly what was offered. Plus - the price is low enough that even if you "lose" 50-60% on an eventual resale that only works out to be 60-70 euro I think? i.e. I don't think this is an "investment" watch - but something you buy and wear because you find it fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I came very close to ordering that robot one before, but it was out of stock when I went to get it. For some reason I never went back, but I think they are very cool.

Advertisement