Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrating mistakes you see on crimeline

Options
  • 02-03-2021 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭

Every time it is on you see the same kind of crimes and ways they could be prevented.

why don't all shops have panic buttons?

why are the thieves able to get in behind the counter so easily? should be blocked off from the public.

one guy lifted up the cash register and walked out with it. it should be bolted in place so this cant happen.

staff counting money in an unlocked room.

staff allowing customers to "change" money, if I ran a shop I would have no money being changed here as a rule. this scam is on crimeline every month, I cant believe shop owners haven't copped on to it.

no batons behind the counter when confronted with tiny knives etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Not enough prisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

How shop staff keep falling for the sleight of hand trick with the 50 euro notes I'll never know. Almost every crimecall has one of these scams on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭pgj2015

DerekC16 wrote: »
    How shop staff keep falling for the sleight of hand trick with the 50 euro notes I'll never know.

one time I saw the shop assistant actually let the guy put his hand into the till and take out money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

pgj2015 wrote: »
    one time I saw the shop assistant actually let the guy put his hand into the till and take out money.

Could be the bigger mistake to act the hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭pgj2015

TheChizler wrote: »
    Could be the bigger mistake to act the hero.

He wasn't threatening her, but like you don't let some stranger take money from your till. if shops had a no change rule this would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

>Frustrating mistakes you see on crimeline

Terrible quality cctv installations.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I preferred Garda Patrol. No hammy recreations, not even cctv, just Garda Murphy saying “the spare wheel from a tractor is missing and presumed stolen. If you have any information please call Drumshanbo Station and ask for Sergeant O’Duffy”.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

it’s generally just easier and probably cheaper to let people rob stuff than implement security systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My main issue with Crimecall is when they say the thieves had a high powered car and it’s something like a 2L diesel 3 Series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Crimeline was a better show

https://youtu.be/REtrcQNttbA

Note that this case from 1995 still hasn’t been solved

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ozmo wrote: »

I was actually gonna say that!

Like forget about covid, You could watch a random episode and see footage from a "crime 4 months ago" and it would be terrible, grainy, black and white footage. How you meant to catch anyone with that?

The mad thing is not all these criminals are wearing balaclavas too. Some walking in just as normal. Point is to get a good look at them so someone watching Crime Call will go "ah that's your man Mick from up the road!! I'll call in"

Fair enough having these terrible cctv's in the early 90s or something. Maybe all that was affordable so better to have than not have. But not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

pgj2015 wrote: »

Did u do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

They said I was involved in a tiger kidnapping but it was a bank manager who we kidnapped. Such a weird mistake to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

ozmo wrote: »

‘We have a good shot of the suspect here’ - cuts to a blurry blob on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The long delays in putting cases on air seems strange, anything from 6 to 18 months for basic robberies and assaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Badger2009 wrote: »
    ‘We have a good shot of the suspect here’ - cuts to a blurry blob on the screen
    “And we can clearly see it’s likely a male between 5 and 6 feet, with dark brown to light blond hair, wearing what appears to be...a coat. This is bound to jog someone’s memory”.

Advertisement