Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a small business

Options
  • 01-03-2021 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all.

My work hours have been cut die to COVID so I have been left in a situation where I need to make a little extra money

I am thinking of setting up a small business of transportation of small animals, where I will do 2 journeys a month that will probably go to every part of Ireland. I am currently down for the next available course in transportation of live animals due to start soon.

I have been looking online and cant find information on how to set up a business and what tax I will be asked to pay as I will be working part time in my job.

Does anyone know how this works and how do I go about setting it up.
    I think I will be making gross 8k a year and take away costs of running and that I presume it will ge roughly 3k net profit best case scenario, but figures will likely not be near that

Amy help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Look up the website for your Local Enterprise Office - they run free/cheap courses which will provide you with information about setting up and running a business, tax etc.

https://www.localenterprise.ie/

Advertisement