Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eastern europe hunting

Options
  • 01-03-2021 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Just a querey,on another forum a question was asked ,and no one knew the answer ,so as ive read in the past on this site,many have shot in hungary ,poland etc ..so i was wondering if you guys might have the information i am looking for ...is running of hares in eastern europe allowed with greyhounds/lurchers,..is it practiced by any/many and what countries would it be more prevalent in....i believe its banned in poland,only hares can be hunted by hounds...i was wondering , Hungary, Lithuania etc....I dont expect many(if any replies)...i did try google but it goes on to the irish coursing scene etc..thanks ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

J.R. wrote: »

jaysus your good ,lol.....thanks j.r.

i got the info i was after thanks ,from an anti hunting site ,lol how sad is that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

But thats hounds, not longdogs, or am I missing something?

Eddie B wrote: »
    But thats hounds, not longdogs, or am I missing something?

it quotes hounds only ,so i take it no long dogs allowed ,i know holland,france,germany/poland dont allow running /greyhound coursing game..was just wondering if there were any natives of said countries running their fast mutts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

transit260 wrote: »
    it quotes hounds only ,so i take it no long dogs allowed ,i know holland,france,germany/poland dont allow running /greyhound coursing game..was just wondering if there were any natives of said countries running their fast mutts

But the article refers only to the use of hounds. As thsts what anti's are most concerned about. Not any other breed. Does not mean terriers, gun dogs, lurchers are not allowed to be used for hunting.

France: Hunting with hounds is legal

Sweden: Hunting with hounds is illegal, but
    flushing to guns is legal

Greece: Hounds used as gun dogs

Estonia: Hares and foxes hunted with hounds
    Finland: Hares and foxes hunted with hounds

Czech Republic: Hounds used to flush to guns

just a few ,but you cant hunt an animal with anything other than hounds and running dogs is illegal,i know of english lads that got arrested in germany and france for running hares with salukis,one incident lead to their cars being smashed up and the police saved them from a severe beating from the local farming community there...germany is the very same ,seriously frowned upon to course...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Got that wrong with Germany too. If you consider a pack of Jagd Terriers or Dachshunde being used to flush boar or deer.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Spain / Portugal allows driven hunts using hounds. I seen various dogs on driven hunts in France and Spain.

just a few ,but you cant hunt an animal with anything other than hounds and running dogs is illegal,i know of english lads that got arrested in germany and france for running hares with salukis,one incident lead to their cars being smashed up and the police saved them from a severe beating from the local farming community there...germany is the very same ,seriously frowned upon to course...

I wonder were they of a certain ethnic minority. Well known and loved and hailing from a certain town In Co Limerick?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Got that wrong with Germany too. If you consider a pack of Jagd Terriers or Dachshunde being used to flush boar or deer.

im talking about running dogs,greyhounds/salukis/whippets...their not allowed to course in germany,,,but yes terriers are allowed in germany and a few more places

[/I]

I wonder were they of a certain ethnic minority. Well known and loved and hailing from a certain town In Co Limerick?

no,i dont associate with that lot,these lads are from liverpool and are decent chaps ,but fanatical on hare hunting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I’d strongly advise anyone not to try it in Belgium as permissions are very strictly regulated and exclusive to the clubs/hunters that have secured them from the farmers or land owners.

The club or syndicate game keepers are also sworn officials with limited policing powers on the lands covered by their permissions. Most will not hesitate to seize dogs and vehicles and immediately involve regular law enforcement.

I’d strongly advise anyone not to try it in Belgium as permissions are very strictly regulated and exclusive to the clubs/hunters that have secured them from the farmers or land owners.

The club or syndicate game keepers are also sworn officials with limited policing powers on the lands covered by their permissions. Most will not hesitate to seize dogs and vehicles and immediately involve regular law enforcement.

Likewise Germany...And hunters are still allowed to use deadly force if necessary under the law over there too. Another old Kaiser Reich law still on the books.;)

Likewise Germany...And hunters are still allowed to use deadly force if necessary under the law over there too. Another old Kaiser Reich law still on the books.;)

I didn’t really want to go into that much detail but the situation in Belgium is similar in the sense that authorised and properly qualified gamekeepers known as “bijzondere veldwachter” are allowed to carry a long hunting firearm in the course of their duty.

from what i gather ,coursing or running dogs is not a great idea in eastern europe or a few other european countries,romania ,has a few fans of runners ,and russia is good to go if you can survive the cold in places ...theres supposed to be a youtube video of a course in amsterdam ,with hare and dog but cannot find it yet

from what i gather ,coursing or running dogs is not a great idea in eastern europe or a few other european countries,romania ,has a few fans of runners ,and russia is good to go if you can survive the cold in places ...theres supposed to be a youtube video of a course in amsterdam ,with hare and dog but cannot find it yet

It’s illegal to hunt with sight hounds in the Netherlands so there’s a good chance any such videos have been deleted.

Advertisement