Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenSpot 3

Options
  • 01-03-2021 3:26pm

I was messing around with the Openspot 3 over the last couple of days getting more familiar with it, it really is a fantastic piece of kit, it's really simple to open a browser on your phone or laptop and crossmode from DMR to D-Star to Fusion.

When I get the FT-3d it will be interesting to see how I can crossmode on the fly from the radio, it can be done easy enough on the anytone but you have to remember the room numbers and it's not so easy with D-Star.

Another really cool thing with the OS3 is the built in battery and it powers up and down in a seconds via the power button and you can simply press and hold the power to turn it off without fear of corrupting the SD cars unlike the Pistar.

Battery life is pretty good should easily get 8 hrs out of it and it charges quite fast via USB C.

Really impressed with it.

Advertisement