Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 berth Camper options

Options
  • 01-03-2021 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi all. I've been thinking for a good while about picking up a camper van. I've looked at camer conversions but think I've decided on an original camper not conversion.
    I'm allowing a budget of max 12k, would I be able to pick up something good at this price range?
    Requirements would be RH drive, toilet (shower would be bonus), comfortably sleep 3-4,but also allow for driver plus 2 to 3 passengers.
    I wouldn't want something too big, maybe something along the lines of the Volkswagen T4 Transporter Holdsworth Valentine.
    Any suggestions out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

covey123 wrote: »
    Hi all. I've been thinking for a good while about picking up a camper van. I've looked at camer conversions but think I've decided on an original camper not conversion.
    I'm allowing a budget of max 12k, would I be able to pick up something good at this price range?
    Requirements would be RH drive, toilet (shower would be bonus), comfortably sleep 3-4,but also allow for driver plus 2 to 3 passengers.
    I wouldn't want something too big, maybe something along the lines of the Volkswagen T4 Transporter Holdsworth Valentine.
    Any suggestions out there?

It's extremely unlikely you will get anything remotely nearing what you want for 12K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Looking on done deal this is the nearest I can find and it really a 2 adult 2 children at best

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/vw-camper/27376497

Also be very careful of scams there are a lot about in the UK selling cheap campers that don't exist to Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Camper prices are very hot right now.

You'd probably need to double your budget to get something that doesn't need work.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭covey123

Looking on done deal this is the nearest I can find and it really a 2 adult 2 children at best

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/vw-camper/27376497

Also be very careful of scams there are a lot about in the UK selling cheap campers that don't exist to Irish people.

Thanks for the reply, yeah hearing some horror stories about some campers/ conversions at the moment,saw another VW on donedeal that looks good but advertised as being in UK at the moment so didn't even entertain the thought of even inquiring

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Camper prices are very hot right now.

You'd probably need to double your budget to get something that doesn't need work.

Yeah thinking this year could be a bad year to buy with demamd so high, seeing some really bad ones in need of lots of work asking for way over the actual value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Yeah thinking this year could be a bad year to buy with demamd so high, seeing some really bad ones in need of lots of work asking for way over the actual value

Was considering purchase of camper van but prices ridiculous, in my opinion. Have you considered a 4 berth caravan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Regardless of the budget - I'll be highly impressed if you can find a T4 that can sleep 4 comfortably and has a bathroom :D

Unless all 4 are vertically challenged :pac:

Actually just saw that this morning, I'm beginning to think I'd be better waiting until next year to purchase with the demand and prices being so high this year

Actually just saw that this morning, I'm beginning to think I'd be better waiting until next year to purchase with the demand and prices being so high this year

Prices my change - but not hugely. That's an average price for a coachbuilt van of its vintage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I'd say the same for next year. COVID isn't going away.

Advertisement