Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee importation from Indonesia

Options
  • 28-02-2021 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    not sure if this is more for entrepenurial forum or coffee forum, please delete if more applicable to coffee forum

I seen before a few people asked about importing green bean from various geographical locations worldwide.
    I have an option to source Kerinci coffee fom indonesia with the aim to develope a market here in Ireland.
    I am very tenativly looking into this as a possible business:
    The product seems good and I have time availible to work on developing the idea.
    any leads or ideas where to start?
    I have a few options as to what is availible.
    from green bean to packed roasted and branded.
    I have not idea of the business model or strategy to enter the market.
    I do have some storage options and distibution options availible if i have a demand.
    any insight would be greatly appricated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

Create some packaging and branding. figure out your whole sale costs and retail price. Then take it to a buyer in Tesco and ask them if they would trial it in a few stores. If they say yes, you're quids in. Really you just need a retailer to like it as much as you do. Competitive market with good margins. And when I was in Nusa Tengara in Indo, wow the coffee was great so I hope to see your product on the shelves.

Advertisement