Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running Sunglasses

• 28-02-2021 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a decent pair of running sunglasses.

Ideally a pair that don’t bounce around much.

I’m also fairly short sighted so anyone got any advice re prescription lens?

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

TbL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Looking to buy a decent pair of running sunglasses.

Ideally a pair that don’t bounce around much.

I’m also fairly short sighted so anyone got any advice re prescription lens?

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

TbL

I have the exact same issue. Sadly good running perception glasses are very expensive. I have a narrow head so I wear teens Oakley rather than adult ones as the adult ones bounce. I have a few pairs of Oakley, different lens. Like one pair has reaction lenses so if I am running late in the day they will go clear once it is not sunny any more. 3rd party lenses are easy enough to get.

However about a year ago I realised the same, quite short sighted. So I got glasses and prescription sun glasses. Both are dreadful for running especially in the rain.

Looked to get prescription lens for the oakley but you are talking 450 euro. I considered lazer etc as it was really annoying me. Went to the Optician and talked about it. She recommend I try contacts. I was very hesitant at first. Had my first appointment. Took me 40 mins and I only got one in. Gave me a pack to go home with and try, very stressed about it but took my time and said I would give it a go. So have trialed them this week and I am down to a few mins now putting them in. I did a long run today back with my old glasses that I love and it was great.

Don't know if you have considered contacts but first thing tomorrow I am ordering mine. The rain on the glasses was a dreadful experience over winter but I was worried if I didn't wear them I would have issues crossing the road etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

rom wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. Sadly good running perception glasses are very expensive. I have a narrow head so I wear teens Oakley rather than adult ones as the adult ones bounce. I have a few pairs of Oakley, different lens. Like one pair has reaction lenses so if I am running late in the day they will go clear once it is not sunny any more. 3rd party lenses are easy enough to get.

However about a year ago I realised the same, quite short sighted. So I got glasses and prescription sun glasses. Both are dreadful for running especially in the rain.

Looked to get prescription lens for the oakley but you are talking 450 euro. I considered lazer etc as it was really annoying me. Went to the Optician and talked about it. She recommend I try contacts. I was very hesitant at first. Had my first appointment. Took me 40 mins and I only got one in. Gave me a pack to go home with and try, very stressed about it but took my time and said I would give it a go. So have trialed them this week and I am down to a few mins now putting them in. I did a long run today back with my old glasses that I love and it was great.

Don't know if you have considered contacts but first thing tomorrow I am ordering mine. The rain on the glasses was a dreadful experience over winter but I was worried if I didn't wear them I would have issues crossing the road etc.

Thanks Rom, did the contacts thing before and I’m never going back!

TbL

Thanks Rom, did the contacts thing before and I’m never going back!

TbL

Why is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I have just ordered a pair of sports sunglasses with prescription varifocal lenses from Goggles4U. The price seems too good to be true at about 70 stg but they have a 49% offer at the moment (CYBER49 discount code, not sure how long it's valid for). That price included polarised lenses with premium coatings.

At that price I figured it was worth a punt. Not the most stylish frames I've ever seen but I just want something to stop the glare while at the same time being able to see!

I'll report back when they arrive, which won't be for a couple of weeks at the earliest, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamilalam

why people need running glasses?

• Advertisement

jamilalam wrote: »
    why people need running glasses?

Normally glasses often bounce around and you constantly have to readjust them. It may mean pushing them back up your nose every few mins etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Murph_D wrote: »
    I have just ordered a pair of sports sunglasses with prescription varifocal lenses from Goggles4U. The price seems too good to be true at about 70 stg but they have a 49% offer at the moment (CYBER49 discount code, not sure how long it's valid for). That price included polarised lenses with premium coatings.

At that price I figured it was worth a punt. Not the most stylish frames I've ever seen but I just want something to stop the glare while at the same time being able to see!

I'll report back when they arrive, which won't be for a couple of weeks at the earliest, unfortunately.

Did they arrive? Interested in your thoughts as I'm in the market for a pair myself.

Advertisement