Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Crean Endurance Walk

Options
  • 28-02-2021 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭

Just saw on annascaul walks that they’ve taken the decision to cancel the TCEW for 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

None of the organized challenge walks look to be going ahead. The Maamturks was cancelled too a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Alun wrote: »
    None of the organized challenge walks look to be going ahead. The Maamturks was cancelled too a few days ago.

Blackstairs challenge is the only one I’m holding out hope for!

Alun wrote: »

Fei Sheehy Challenge is pencilled in for 13th/14th/15th August. But, it's full now.

Mourne Seven Seven's has a provisional date of 14th August and Blackstair's provisional date is 28th August.

Fei Sheehy Challenge is pencilled in for 13th/14th/15th August. But, it's full now.

Mourne Seven Seven's has a provisional date of 14th August and Blackstair's provisional date is 28th August.

Someday, when I’ve more time to get fit I’m gonna join you on the Fei Sheehy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

A couple of events have tried to buy themselves some time by moving to August, maybe early September. Unfortunately they'll have to make a decision on whether or not to run an event a few months earlier, and it's unlikely there will be a clear picture as to future restrictions at that point. There is some other considerations also - e.g. will Mountain Rescue be happy with them going ahead, will people be fit enough, can people gather after the event, will there be enough people to man checkpoints. I'm doubtful whether any of the bigger ones (exception the Fei Sheehy) will actually go ahead - these are all run by volunteers which is a big ask at this time, and they could do with another month or two to let the vaccinations finish.

• Advertisement

Tom Crean sold out in 5 minutes this morning.

maamturks announced for april

blackstairs not being held this year

Advertisement