Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block Websites Tablet

Options
  • 27-02-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Daughter has a android tablet and I've hidden the YouTube app I just want her to have YouTube kids but she uses the chrome browser to bypass this.

Are there any apps which would allow me to block YouTube on Chrome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭sioda

Kaspersky kids works well to block anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

sioda wrote: »
    Kaspersky kids works well to block anything

It's €2 p/m though.

I don't mind paying a one off fee for a app.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

James__10 wrote: »
    It's €2 p/m though.

I don't mind paying a one off fee for a app.

Any other suggestions?

I'd suggest that if she's already working around the limited restrictions you've put in, then she'll do the same with anything more or access whatever it is when you're not around on other devices (friends etc)

You don't mention how old she is, but you might want to consider talking to her about safety on the Internet, and maybe set up the device with your account so you can see what she's at. It'll mess up your YouTube recommendations but it might be better in the long run than trying to block everything.

Works with my 8 year old. He automatically turns off any chat features in games and his mam can see his YouTube history on her phone (which he also uses) and he'll come to her/me if something happens he's not comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭GIMP

James__10 wrote: »
    Daughter has a android tablet and I've hidden the YouTube app I just want her to have YouTube kids but she uses the chrome browser to bypass this.

Are there any apps which would allow me to block YouTube on Chrome?

We had same issue with a 6 year old. I put App Lock Pro app on last evening. You can set a pin to block any apps including the settings button. You can even hide it as it shows up as a calculator icon.

Happy so far with it but only using it a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

Have you enrolled her tablet in Family Link? That will give you control of which apps can and can't be installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

tnegun wrote: »
    Have you enrolled her tablet in Family Link? That will give you control of which apps can and can't be installed.

Brilliant suggestion, just the app I needed.

Advertisement