Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycling shorts

Options
  • 27-02-2021 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy padded cycling shorts for cheap? I will be cycling 256 km for the month of March 10km a day on my mountain bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You're probably better off looking for value for money rather than cheap. Cheap shorts won't be great. Maybe take a look at the DHB range which are good quality at reasonable prices on Chain Reaction or Wiggle.

But for 10km per day you won't need to break the bank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

decathlon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Borrow a road bike! :)

Seriously - you'll double your speed and halve your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

cena wrote: »
    Where can I buy padded cycling shorts for cheap? I will be cycling 256 km for the month of March 10km a day on my mountain bike

Check these out on DoneDeal:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27206476

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Any normal pair of shorts or pants will be fine for 10km a day. I wouldn't worry about the shorts. Enjoy the cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭cletus

Another vote for Decathlon shorts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Any normal pair of shorts or pants will be fine for 10km a day. I wouldn't worry about the shorts. Enjoy the cycle.
    would agree that cycling 10km wouldn't necessitate a dedicated pair of shorts - but if you're planning on doing it every day, can't hurt to have two pairs you can rotate so you're not caught out when one is in the wash.

Advertisement