Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 27-02-2021 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Would anyone know what the dish is for in the attached pictures? I moved to a new house recently and this is on the gable wall.

I suspect it is a 4G modem and dish since the only cable attached to it is an ethernet one so it is possible that it is powered via POE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

likely for wireless internet

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cant ID it but could be either a WISP 2.4G product or for MNO LTE. Get a PoE injector and find out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RichardL1951

WEST wrote: »
    Would anyone know what the dish is for in the attached pictures? I moved to a new house recently and this is on the gable wall.

I suspect it is a 4G modem and dish since the only cable attached to it is an ethernet one so it is possible that it is powered via POE.
    Looks like a microwave receiver used by some broadband companies

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

WEST wrote: »

It looks like a Mikrotik sxt lite Wireless antenna 5Ghz from a local fixed wireless broadband company.

Advertisement