Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man walking

• 27-02-2021 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what story with man who be walking on road between cloghroe and anglers rest pub always wear black clothes could be walking there 5 am someone is going to knock him down. Is he homeless or mentally ill?

Edit not a man a woman

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That's very dangerous, I'd get on to the Gardai tbh.
    Poor fella will get killed. He needs to wear a hi vis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

It might be worth giving a local Garda station a ring just so someone could maybe make him aware that it's risky.

It could simply be someone who goes out for an early morning walk and is oblivious to how dark their clothing is.

Due to the pandemic you're also getting people deciding to go out walking at very early or late hours in the dark, as they're trying to avoid contact with other walkers e.g. someone who might be particularly vulnerable to the virus.

Even just a garda offering him a reflective belt or jacket might sort that out.

That's a woman. She's been around for years, I've no idea how she escapes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I've seen her walking up the Lee Road from Leemount Cross as well. Looks like she gets off the Ballincollig bus in the evening. Always dressed in black.

That's the thing.
    Maybe thinking, sure I've done this for years, I'm grand.

I'd contact the Guards OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Whocare

Oh woman .yeah I see her around for years as well
    Do anyone know anything about her I'm truck driver so could be on that road early many times I see her walking 5 or 6 am even in very cold weather too and with big bags of stuff like is she homeless or something I wonder

Yeah I'm saying to anyone know driver that road to look out for her . it miracle she not killed on that road

Wyldwood wrote: »
    I've seen her walking up the Lee Road from Leemount Cross as well. Looks like she gets off the Ballincollig bus in the evening. Always dressed in black.

Yeah that her .I kinda mad when I see her as she is going to cause someone lot of sleeplessness night went she get knocked down. She definitely not full euro I guess I wonder is she homeless as you always see with big bags of stuff

Whocare wrote: »
    Do anyone know anything about her I'm truck driver so could be on that road early many times I see her walking 5 or 6 am even in very cold weather too and with big bags of stuff like is she homeless or something I wonder

Yeah I'm saying to anyone know driver that road to look out for her . it miracle she not killed on that road

There was an post on fb last year about her, seemingly she's unwell, has been reported numerous times and offered help, hi vis clothing etc but to no avail, sad but it's difficult for drivers, lots of people have had very near misses.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

With the way people drive today its dangerous walking on any country road. Some people are absolute ass holes in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

They could erect a sign or install better lighting on that road so people are warned and will see her better?

It's a death-trap of a spot, probably needs it anyway. Time to write the local councillors.

• Advertisement

Whocare wrote: »

I could be way off here now, and it's probably a stupid thing to post, but remember a couple of years back there used to be a woman in town, and she'd be carrying loads of stuff with her. Loads of bags, and would just be sitting there. Always dressed in black. Asian looking maybe, if I'm remembering correctly. A vulnerable person I would think.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I could be way off here now, and it's probably a stupid thing to post, but remember a couple of years back there used to be a woman in town, and she'd be carrying loads of stuff with her. Loads of bags, and would just be sitting there. Always dressed in black. Asian looking maybe, if I'm remembering correctly. A vulnerable person I would think.

She definitely not Asian anyway by look of her

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

There was an post on fb last year about her, seemingly she's unwell, has been reported numerous times and offered help, hi vis clothing etc but to no avail, sad but it's difficult for drivers, lots of people have had very near misses.

That's correct. She is a vulnerable person with some issues Gardai are aware but she can't be forced to wear a high vis. Be even more careful than normal when driving that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Is the man ok now.

If I see him around Cork ill call the Gardai.

Advertisement