Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS causing a drop in wifi

Options
  • 27-02-2021 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So Ive had lots of issues with my VM BB over the last year, Ive narrowed it down to my WD cloud NAS system causing drops. It mainly happens when I am transferring data to and from it. Sky Q box will drop, phones will lose connection etc. Apart from the obvious usage of my wifi is there any reason why its dropping? Its doesnt drop the data transfer just every other device.

Im using Google mesh nest and point with VM in modem mode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Hi,
    Do you have dual Wifi channel on the router ?
    I have seen this happen on my sitecom router when 2.4GHz and 5GHz are active simultaneously.
    I have switched off 5GHz and never had an issue in last 3 months.

I thought my Sitecom router was too slow to allow simul NAS and internet connection. Its a 4yr old router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

what VM router are you using is it old cisco one, or the hub, in reality thou doesnt matter, happens at home for me all the time, if i let torrent rip at full speeds, pretty much everyone else either get slow BB over wifi or connection drops as line gets congested.

simple solution is to invest into better router not 10e box that can handle load balancing

Advertisement