Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing

Options
  • 26-02-2021 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey all.Would anyone know some good places to fish around the south Galway area.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Paul84 wrote: »
    Hey all.Would anyone know some good places to fish around the south Galway area.Thanks

You'd need to be a bit more specific on the type of fishing you are looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paul84

Just interested in doing abit of Pike & brown trout fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Strictly speaking it , at the moment, needs to be within 5km of you. Any river or lake near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

Just interested in doing abit of Pike & brown trout fishing.

I'd be more into sea fishing, but I'm sure you'll get some info from others on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Paul84

I'm more planning for after Lockdown so the 5k won't matter then.The Dunkellin river is the nearest to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The Dunkellin is a trout river. Check out local clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭delboythedub

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Clare River and local fishing tackle shop should be able to advise on local clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Portumna is as about south galway as you can get.

Palmerston Stores (Maureen) is the local tackle shop. Lough Derg 3 min drive from there. Pike, Trout (when season allows) , coarse all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

There are no clubs on the dunkellin it is all free fishing. It also opens for trout on match 17th, currently completly closed for salmon and seatrout

Advertisement