Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's 5G Plan equiptment

Options
  • 26-02-2021 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All, just wonder can anyone help me. I checked 3's 5G coverage and I'm within their coverage per the map. I've been using their 4G via a pay as you go sim since lockdown 1.0 via a TP Link Archer router and its been good. I notice that they are advertising an external antenna and router set up for their 5G called 3 Broadband Unlimited 5G Pro. Does anyone know what equipment they are using? I've been thinking of getting an external antenna for a while so I'd like to future proof the setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

5G kit is really expensive right now, you'd be better ignoring it for now and upgrading when ready to use it rather than trying to future proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

ScaMan wrote: »
    Hi All, just wonder can anyone help me. I checked 3's 5G coverage and I'm within their coverage per the map. I've been using their 4G via a pay as you go sim since lockdown 1.0 via a TP Link Archer router and its been good. I notice that they are advertising an external antenna and router set up for their 5G called 3 Broadband Unlimited 5G Pro. Does anyone know what equipment they are using? I've been thinking of getting an external antenna for a while so I'd like to future proof the setup.

First thing the 3's 5G map is highly inaccurate, I have a 5G phone with a active 5G sim in it for a few months now, Lots of places that 3 indicated is has 5G coverage I can't pick it up at all. 3 even shows my house and the surrounding are being 5g enabled and again I can't pick up any 5G, I am an essential worker traveling all over the country.

Advertisement