Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price too low in Fb Marketplace ad

Options
  • 25-02-2021 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I am not familiar with the model but it looks expensive and the price is very low?
    Also there is only one bad photo.
    Does anyone looking for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jeepers no, way overpriced. Very cheap bike to begin with and nothing to suggest it's stolen. Maybe delete that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: I have edited your post for multiple reasons. First its a cheap bike being sold second hand which means, at best, its overpriced. Second, you have no idea if its stolen, if it might be stolen etc so you are effectively speculating without even a hint of proof that it might be. This person doesn't deserve that. If you suspect it is, report to the gardai but there is nothing, to help ease your concerns, anything to suggest its is stolen. I think a co worker of mine bought one of those years ago for €250. There are far more suspicious bikes on FB marketplace, this is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: I have edited your post for multiple reasons....
    Apologies if I was wrong, I said I am not familiar with the model.
    However, few days ago, a similar thread was posted, without any proof but a bad photo and a low price and it turned out a member owned it before it was stolen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wizard! wrote: »
    Apologies if I was wrong, I said I am not familiar with the model.
    However, few days ago, a similar thread was posted, without any proof but a bad photo and a low price and it turned out a member owned it before it was stolen.

MOD VOICE: Not your fault but, and I might have missed the thread you are on about (mods are not full time) but the issue with your post was you identified and not far off accused a person of dealing in stolen property. I admire your diligence but if a bad photo and a low price are all you are working off, its not much considering the price of the pictured bike new was not much more than the asking price. It could well be stolen but I'd report it to FB before doxxing the poster here. Happy for you to post a pic of the bike without links or identifying pictures of the FB poster to query if its suspicious but the picture you had posted had a photo and name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wizard! wrote: »
    ... I am not familiar with the model....
    So why post about something contentious about something you're not familiar with? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement