Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP desktop phone recommendations?

Options
  • 25-02-2021 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

HI Folks

Long story - but I'm looking for a desktop phone that will talk to my Gigaset N300 IP voip/dect box.

Ideally, I'd like something that's simple to operate - and provides the same functionality that I used to have with my original VIOP-'ordinary phone' adapter -

i.e.
    - directory of frequently-called numbers
    - caller display (which I guess is fairly standard)
    - answering machine functionality without diving down through several layers of menus - a flashing led to indicate 'message waiting' would be good

My internet provider replaced my old VIOP adapter box with the VIOP/Dect thing and a little 'mobile' handset - but it's fiddly to use...

Don't know how interchangeable desktop DECT phones are, and don't want to buy something that doesn't work with the DECT base-station..

Any suggestions please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Gigaset do one called the T480HX that's fully compatible with the N300 base station.

I bought one a few months back - I had to buy from Germany as no-one seems to stock them here or the UK - https://www.varia-store.com/en

The only issue I had was that the user manual is in German - there doesn't seem to be one available in English at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

Ah, thanks - I'll look into that.....

Did it require much setting-up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Ah, thanks - I'll look into that.....

Did it require much setting-up?

Thanks

No, just need to set the language on set-up to English and then register the phone with the base station by pressing the button on front of the base station.

I was amazed how quickly it was up and running considering the lack of an English manual

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

Grand, thanks....
    Looks like a nice phone - but a tad on the pricey side....

Advertisement