Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelodeon creates Avatar Studios to create new Avatar, Legend of Korra content

Options
  • 25-02-2021 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭

So Nickelodeon are creating their own Avatar division to create movies, new shows and all other tie-ins.

Great news. Hopefully this will put the nail in the coffin of the Netflix live-action version. While I was interested initially in seeing what Netflix could do with a live action show it just seemed to stall and then the creators quit. Upon reflection, I believe Avatar is best served through animation.

If the first series announcement isn't a Kyoshi series I'll eat my hat (or fan). Done right, there is great potential for spin-offs/expansions. I never read any of the comics or expanded material but I know there is quite a bit. They can go with that for the Aang gang, concentrate on Kyoshi or any of the previous Avatars (Probably leave Roku alone as you have seen much of his story including his end), or how about the ramifications of Korra's actions? Personally, while I liked Korra, I think HER story is done but she did have a lasting impact.

Will be interesting to see:

See story
    ViacomCBS has announced a new studio based entirely around Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

Avatar Studios will create “original content spanning animated series and movies,” according to a press release. Avatar and Korra original creators, Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, are joining Nickelodeon as co-chief creative officers of Avatar Studios. The first project is an animated theatrical title set to begin production soon. More information will be announced soon, according to the company.......

Advertisement