Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YZFR125 Idling issue

Options
  • 24-02-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, I have a bit of a situation going on, basically, my 125 is idling at 2000 - 2500 rpm when it's supposed to be 1300 - 1500 rpm. I tried the idling screw and that's no help its fully in and is still over 2000rpm. Any suggestions on what it could be?? Any help much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hey, I have a bit of a situation going on, basically, my 125 is idling at 2000 - 2500 rpm when it's supposed to be 1300 - 1500 rpm. I tried the idling screw and that's no help its fully in and is still over 2000rpm. Any suggestions on what it could be?? Any help much appreciated thanks.

When did this behaviour manifest itself?

Check your cables, check the return springs on the carb, also check the throttle tube is free and the bar underneath is not rusty, check that nothing is impairing the ability of the throttle to return. Bar ends or rubbing off a switch housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 itsrobert147

CJhaughey wrote: »
    When did this behaviour manifest itself?

Check your cables, check the return springs on the carb, also check the throttle tube is free and the bar underneath is not rusty, check that nothing is impairing the ability of the throttle to return. Bar ends or rubbing off a switch housing.

Not going to lie but I think it crept up on me otherwise I would've noticed a drastic change in rpm. The throttle is very responsive and is as smooth as butter, the springs are also in good condition. Either way ill try to take it apart a bit more and see, is it possible that it might be getting too much air or fuel into the carb it is a lot of rpm to be coming from that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Air leaks on the manifold side of carb will cause high idle as the bike runs lean, to test for those spray some wd40 around the carb manifold and listen for a change in speed.

Advertisement