Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa not playing radio anymore?

Options
  • 24-02-2021 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Has anyone started to have issues with Alexa not playing radio stations? Recently whether it’s on Irish radio player or tune in ,after asking it to play a station l literally get radio silence. I noticed that a number of reviewers on the radio related skills have mentioned it as well. My wife is ready to throw it in the bin at this point!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Power off and back on again usually sorts it. Some stations can be hit and miss, RTE Radio 1 being one, I reckon because of capacity issues or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ricey3509

Hurrache wrote: »
    Power off and back on again usually sorts it. Some stations can be hit and miss, RTE Radio 1 being one, I reckon because of capacity issues or something.

Yeah, usually that resolves it but it’s happening a lot more frequently than before. My suspicious mind is thinking that it’s since my prime location was switched over to Ireland from the UK but perhaps that’s just a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Just coincidence I'd say, I've no issues other than the RTE Radio 1 I get regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mnolan

I'm having problems too.

"Use Tune-In to play Today FM"
    "The station Today FM is currently unavailable on Tune In"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Happens here but only with rte 1. She says she's playing it but then silence. Happened 5 times this morn and on the 6th attempt it played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Happens quite often to me here in the UK, With both English and Irish stations, power off/on usually works for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭paulbok

mnolan wrote: »
    I'm having problems too.

Today FM is like a virus on Alexa, once playing she seems to ignore or be incapable of following commands.
      Often have to manually go back to the home screen to be able to turn to a different station.
      Don't have that with any other station.

1. Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

mnolan wrote: »
      I'm having problems too.

I have the Tune in app on my phone & can confirm Today FM is still playing on the app

2. Registered Users Posts: 1 Derrick York

Try restarting your Alexa device and see if that helps.

Advertisement