Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Bubbles in tank causing burnt taste

• 24-02-2021 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi
    I use a geekvape sub ohm tank and i notice there is a large bubble that just stays over the hole where the cotton is. This causes me to get a hit with a burnt taste as if the bubble has trapped air against the cotton and it is not soaking the juice. I have to tilt my vape everyway for the bubble to float to the top so i get a normal hit. Sorry best way i can explain it.:)
    Any thoughts on how to get round this. And it happens on all the coils i use and on my previous tank of the same type.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hi
    I use a geekvape sub ohm tank and i notice there is a large bubble that just stays over the hole where the cotton is. This causes me to get a hit with a burnt taste as if the bubble has trapped air against the cotton and it is not soaking the juice. I have to tilt my vape everyway for the bubble to float to the top so i get a normal hit. Sorry best way i can explain it.:)
    Any thoughts on how to get round this. And it happens on all the coils i use and on my previous tank of the same type.
    Thanks

I doubt the air bubble is causing the burnt hits, coils soak up liquid from all angles [providing you are not dipping below the suggested juice level] not just one spot, and air bubbles in tanks are completely normal. The problem is more likely that you are setting the power too high for the coil, the coils you use are just not able to keep up with high VG juice or you are using the coils too long without replacing. Or, like I say, you're letting the juice dip too low and the coil isn't soaking up enough, suggest keeping the level over the halfway mark of your tank. More detail needed, what specific coils/juice/power setting are you vaping at?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

I doubt the air bubble is causing the burnt hits, coils soak up liquid from all angles [providing you are not dipping below the suggested juice level] not just one spot, and air bubbles in tanks are completely normal. The problem is more likely that you are setting the power too high for the coil, the coils you use are just not able to keep up with high VG juice or you are using the coils too long without replacing. Or, like I say, you're letting the juice dip too low and the coil isn't soaking up enough, suggest keeping the level over the halfway mark of your tank. More detail needed, what specific coils/juice/power setting are you vaping at?

Hi. Im using Geekvape z1 coils, Ka1 o.4 and im vaping at 55 power setting. The juice i use is a brand from my local vape shop i always use. 70/30.
    I always keep juice topped up and coil is brand new and same thing will happen with the next coil. Big bubble where you can see cotton. When i move around the tank the bubble floats to top. I can then vape with no burnt hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Tickityboo

Hi. Im using Geekvape z1 coils, Ka1 o.4 and im vaping at 55 power setting. The juice i use is a brand from my local vape shop i always use. 70/30.
    I always keep juice topped up and coil is brand new and same thing will happen with the next coil. Big bubble where you can see cotton. When i move around the tank the bubble floats to top. I can then vape with no burnt hit.

Try taking a pin and sticking a few holes in the cotton where the juice holes are it might help it wick better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

Tutorial: Stop Wasting Money on Burnt Coils, Heres A Trick | The Secret Companies Keep

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

Tickityboo wrote:
    Try taking a pin and sticking a few holes in the cotton where the juice holes are it might help it wick better.
    You are a genius. Thanks

• Advertisement

corkie wrote:
    Tutorial: Stop Wasting Money on Burnt Coils, Heres A Trick | The Secret Companies Keep

Thanks a million. That worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Looks like you got the answer, honestly never had this issue, been lucky with coils. At least in the last few year, but do remember older coils that would burn out fast, wish I'd known this then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Guffy

Thanks so much for posting the vid. That pnp coil has been doing my nut recently.

Advertisement