Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best site to ask where this photo is located

Options
  • 24-02-2021 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick one. Attached is a pic of my Dad and my Grandfather. We're trying to locate the exact location. Its mid 60s we believe so wherever it is has probably changed a bit! I think the pub name is park or part tavern in the backgroun.

Wondering where best would be to ask this?

Thanks!

544779.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

That's The Park Tavern at the top of West Hill Road, Southfields London.

If you look it up on Google Street View you can see the pub and flats in the background, the railings in the foreground are gone and there's a few trees there now. Photo looks like it was taken on Merton Road with the flats in the background being on Morris Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

That's The Park Tavern at the top of West Hill Road, Southfields London.

If you look it up on Google Street View you can see the pub and flats in the background, the railings in the foreground are gone and there's a few trees there now. Photo looks like it was taken on Merton Road with the flats in the background being on Morris Gardens.

Legend thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Never has a username been so appropriate as to identify a random pub from a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This is about as close an angle as google streetview allows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

This site obviously :) thats an amazingly quick answer and its spot on from the current Google map picture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement