Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkedin is down

Options
  • 23-02-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭

Down at least 30 mins now.

Very strange.

Hacked I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Good to know op

• Registered Users Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Esse85 wrote: »
    Down at least 30 mins now.

Very strange.

Hacked I wonder?

Recruitment and HR people reached peak circle jerking, bringing it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Working fine for me, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Good. It's a pain in the hoop. I kind of have to use it for work. But I swear, if I see one more person share a Gary Vaynerchuk video or motivational quote, I'm going to track them down and clobber them over the head with a phonebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Oh no, what ever will I do without college graduates sending me exciting opportunities with a boutique company despite the job description not being one bit suitable for me, with no salary specified?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Typical, and on the day I had planned to add my pronouns to my user name as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yurt! wrote: »
    Good. It's a pain in the hoop. I kind of have to use it for work. But I swear, if I see one more person share a Gary Vaynerchuk video or motivational quote, I'm going to track them down and clobber them over the head with a phonebook.

You should run that course of action up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes. It surely is a blue sky solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only turned off emails for this shyte the other day. They mentioned it in our current job so I logged in after setting it up when it initially came out. Some amount of bollocks on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭Esse85

Back now anyway.
    Was down for 40 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Typical, and on the day I had planned to add my pronouns to my user name as well!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Anybody doing that is almost certainly on welfare and deliberately trying not to get hired. Imagine actually hiring somebody like this, the drams you would leave your company open to.

In a strange way I hope any company/ individual manager that does hire someone like this gets what they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Only turned off emails for this shyte the other day. They mentioned it in our current job so I logged in after setting it up when it initially came out. Some amount of bollocks on it!

I remember looking at it a good while back. A load of co-workers must have had professional photo shoots done for their bio pic. The ****ing state of them too. Awful side profile shot with hands on the lap and the big smile and wide eyes, most of them looked like serial killers and rapists.

Would ya bother, What a pack of bellends.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Apparently its down because somebody decided to accept the offer to wish a vague business contact a happy birthday and the algorithm exploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Yurt! wrote: »

D6BbyHbU8AAqjIR?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It's just full of unemployed people looking for attention/work isn't it?
    Most people with jobs are too busy for that sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

sparrowcar wrote: »
    It's just full of unemployed people looking for attention/work isn't it?
    Most people with jobs are too busy for that sh!te.

There are employed people and company owners trying to big themselves up and parp their own horns as well. These are the most annoying subgroup you get on there after the pronoun crowd.

I have found linkedin completely useless for finding work. I don't bother updating the thing anymore

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

No I don't use linkedin

Advertisement