Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Advertising

Options
  • 23-02-2021 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

For any wedding photographers, I was hoping to get feedback on whatever online advertising you may use?

Mainly looking at supplier sites like One Fab Day, Mrs2be, Weddings Online etc

Have people had positive/negative experiences with them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Mrs2Be doesn't exist any more, it was taken over by Weddings Online.
    Weddings Online is a big player and it is full of photographers (and other suppliers). They operate through their FB page, Help I'm Getting Married so you need to be constantly on Facebook which is a pain.
    Having said that, WOL do generate a lot of enquiries but they do attract a lot of tyre kickers and bargain hunters. Of the enquiries we get from WOL, about 80% don't even bother replying to your emails. Still, it's a good place to be and is very popular with brides.
    One Fab Day is weird in that it's by invitation only. We have never been "invited" so no idea how good, bad or indifferent it is.
    There are others like "Wedding Suppliers" run by a chap who's in a band! He promised so much at the start when we signed up but unfortunately he never delivered. I've no idea if it's even still going.
    There's "Wedding Dates" who seem to concentrate on the Munster area. Again, tried them for a while and got absolutely nothing from it.

The best advertising is referrals from previous couples. Obviously that's a Catch 22 situation as you need some weddings under your belt before you can get referrals. Wedding fairs like the RDS and City West are expensive but can get results. Though when they are likely to happen again is anyone's guess.
    Your local wedding venues are by far the best option. If you can get into them as a recommended supplier you're onto a winner.

Don't forget FB and Google ads. FB can give a very good return once you target your ads properly. Google tends to be a bit pricier and TBH we've never had much return form their ads. I suspect however, that advertising with Google doesn't do your organic search position any harm :-)

Are you new to this and what sort of advertising have you done so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭rubdub

Wow.. thanks for all that detailed information pullandbang!!

I've been in it a few years, assisting commercially and second shooting for a few years (a few years ago!) Set up by myself in 2017 and was on Mrs2be for a while then. Was a bit annoying as the site had a general enquiry set up that allowed a couple to enquire with every photography at the same time. Freelance in photography and design, so I never really focused on one thing in it's entirety and never gave each the time it needed. At an age now where I need to concentrate on one thing and give it the time it deserves. Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated!

Advertisement