Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static caravan park - where would you look to buy a caravan in one and how much?

Options
  • 23-02-2021 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

We were thinking of buying a static caravan but dont actually know where to look for them advertised. Where would they be advertised, without us having to go to 50 different campsite websites?
    Anything like myhome.ie for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

JimmyVik wrote: »
    We were thinking of buying a static caravan but dont actually know where to look for them advertised. Where would they be advertised, without us having to go to 50 different campsite websites?
    Anything like myhome.ie for them?

you talking about caravan or mobile home?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Mobile home.
    One of those ones you see at eurocamps with decking around it.

Mobile home.
    One of those ones you see at eurocamps with decking around it.

A quick google will give you results. But Newbridge Caravans has a sister site for Mobile homes.

Then if you are also looking for a mobile home park site, you need to come up with what you want from a site and go through the sites sadly.

I was googling yesterday.
    Seems to be about €40k for the mobile on the site and then €3k in site fees after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I was googling yesterday.
    Seems to be about €40k for the mobile on the site and then €3k in site fees after that.

i presume for holidays and not to permanently live in? As far as I know most of them are seasonal however I am sure there are some permanent ones where people live all year given the cost of housing..

• Advertisement

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    i presume for holidays and not to permanently live in? As far as I know most of them are seasonal however I am sure there are some permanent ones where people live all year given the cost of housing..

The ones I checked are only open 6 months per year.

The ones I checked are only open 6 months per year.

That's common enough and usually the good ones have a waiting list.

http://www.potterspoint.ie/ Drove by it once, looks impressive.

Alot of sites requires you to update the mobile home every so often

That's common enough and usually the good ones have a waiting list.

http://www.potterspoint.ie/ Drove by it once, looks impressive.

Alot of sites requires you to update the mobile home every so often

That does look lovely.
    €40k for a mobile and then having to update it after a few years it a bit much though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

A lot of variables to consider

- location - how far are you willing to drive to get there each weekend etc?
    - budget - what you are willing to put in up front and then swallow each year in terms of site fees / rent
    - site layout - lined up like soldiers in a field or more space / privacy

I don't know of any particular website for sourcing available 'pitches / plots'.

Donedeal / adverts often have ads for available plots in sites.

I've seen ads for Potters Point on Myhome / Daft - which gives an idea of the lofty position they hold themselves in - and the accompanying fees!

I got sick of googling :)
    Its just too hard to find out the info.
    If there was one centralized site, like myhome.ie it would be much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I got sick of googling :)
    Its just too hard to find out the info.
    If there was one centralized site, like myhome.ie it would be much easier.
    On west coast where supply well outstrips demand.
    Vacancies rarely need advertising.
    When one arises the taker will very often be known to the owner through other park residents or otherwise. Owner's very cautious about who they are letting in.
    One particular site gives precedence to 'well known figures" with successful result of raising site exclusivity and price.
    When got, yes 6 months of year due to planning laws, 30k to 60k + 3k'ish annually.
    Some have hidden tricks down the line.
    Decking supplied by park owner only.
    Mobile gets aged and lowering tone, then new one sold to you by the park owner.

Advertisement