Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beelink GT Pro android box

Options
  • 22-02-2021 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

I've an LG smart TV. Suffice to say it sucks on the smart side and I haven't been able to add new apps since I bough it.

I'm looking at getting an android box. Haven't had one in a decade. Considering the Beelink GT Pro or the shield, but i'm out of the loop. Can anyone walk me through the Beelink if they have one or know about it?

Stay Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have a Shield. Been through a handful of cheap Android boxes and the Shield is miles better. Treat yourself and you won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

nedd wrote: »
    I have a Shield. Been through a handful of cheap Android boxes and the Shield is miles better. Treat yourself and you won't regret it.

Thanks for the reply. The Beelink isn't a cheap model. Seems to have pretty good specs, but there isn't much info on it beyond a few youtube reviews. I was hoping someone who has one could comment.

There's a whole thread on the shield so it seems to be very popular.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You wanting to just stream or play games as well?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

You wanting to just stream or play games as well?

I would say stream only. I like the larger memory (and easy add-on memory) and the construction of the Beelink looks pretty solid. But I don't want to buy unless I know it's at least a good competitor to the shield. Previous experience was a minix many years back. Was good at first, but didn't last long.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

Thanks but very easy to get lost in that thread. 5 years old, nearly 6k posts, no life for a month and nothing related specifically to my query in the last dozen pages I searched.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thanks but very easy to get lost in that thread. 5 years old, nearly 6k posts, no life for a month and nothing related specifically to my query in the last dozen pages I searched.

I have a shield, but do you really need high end if you're just streaming, the new Chromecast looks more than adequate for streaming and has all the licenses for Netflix etc.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'd go with something running official android tv os or google tv os. Either a mi box s or a new chromecast with google tv. For streaming these will give you a better experience over the belink.

Netflix and amazon only stream at 480p on the belink.

Advertisement