Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attack of the Canada goose

Options
  • 21-02-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can someone tell me, why, in the last couple of years has there been such an influx of these Canada goose jackets worn by young fellas in most urban areas (particularly inner city Dublin, I’ve noticed)
    Majority are fake, I recon, as on one particularly mild day a couple of lads was wearing the “arctic explorer” jacket which is meant for -30c conditions in polar climates. No way anyone in Ireland could wear it with the climate we have.
    North face and moncler are also very commonly worn. Either they’re fake or people are splurging their much earned COVID19 relief money lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Drug dealer status symbol. Look at me, I'm rich. Live with me gran, me da is dead and me ma f**ked me out and she moved her new fella in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Huge amount of fakes going around.

Pre covid a shop on Moore st selling knock off versions of Canada goose. Haven’t a clue if the shop is still there

Lad I worked with in spar has one.

Looks very similar until you examine the logo on the sleeve “Cananda goose”

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Drug dealer status symbol. Look at me, I'm rich. Live with me gran, me da is dead and me ma f**ked me out and she moved her new fella in
    I know, but why Canada goose of all brands? Seems a bit unusual as from what I know Canada Goose jackets are specifically designed for working in such cold climates to keep researchers, documentary crews, scientists etc warm.

mick145 wrote: »
    I know, but why Canada goose of all brands? Seems a bit unusual as from what I know Canada Goose jackets are specifically designed for working in such cold climates to keep researchers, documentary crews, scientists etc warm.

It’s a status symbol

Some gobsh1te noticed they were expensive and then churned out fake versions

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Either they’re fake or people are splurging their much earned COVID19 relief money lol.

My mate bought one in Canada with money he got from his job with MNC.

"lol" indeed.

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to a nice auld sturdy jacket from jack and Jones. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭bigroad

The lads on Top Gear wear them,that's the first time I ever saw them.
    I thought they were some kind of Artic safety jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bhail

They were big in Canada about 10 yrs ago. Presume they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Its not the only brand that has been the favourite of drug dealers and those involved in criminality.

Burberry in the UK was the choice of the up and coming CHAV in the late 90's early noughies, the brand was ruined.

Same now with the Canada goose brand and North face, its a status symbol for drug dealers to show off to their mates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Young arse hole creaturs and their fancy dan jackets
    The aul bord ná mona donkey jacket is where its at. Life time job.

• Advertisement

The real Canada goose are quite expensive

The fake ones are still expensive but half the price of the real ones.

kravmaga wrote: »
    Its not the only brand that has been the favourite of drug dealers and those involved in criminality.

Burberry in the UK was the choice of the up and coming CHAV in the late 90's early noughies, the brand was ruined.

Same now with the Canada goose brand and North face, its a status symbol for drug dealers to show off to their mates
    Id almost say North Face is even worse. I’ve noticed since we’ve had a very cold winter this year nearly everyone and I mean everyone below the age of 30 has been wearing some variation of a North Face jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

It's a status symbol and it's a must to have the BT receipt on you at all times to prove it's not a fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bitterly disappointed that this thread is not about geese attacking people and driving them indoors :(

It's a status symbol and it's a must to have the BT receipt on you at all times to prove it's not a fake.
    it wouldn’t surprise me however if the makers of these fake jackets even make fake BT receipts to go alongside them haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,951 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

First place I saw them in Ireland was on rugby analysts doing pitch side TV work. They absolutely never wear them anymore, so another brand ruined.

But in fairness, properly classy brands are way more discreet than these ones who feel they need massive emblems or logos on them.

The lads you see wearing the fake CGs are such skobes, they're the same lads that wouldn't put a coat on in the snow at one time if it didn't suit the uniform of the day, now you can't get them to take them off in the summer. Sheeple skobies.

Got a WhatsApp back from my mate, the Canada goose and north face knock offs are sold in the flats now. You don’t even have to get down to Moore st for them these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Young arse hole creaturs and their fancy dan jackets
    The aul bord ná mona donkey jacket is where its at. Life time job.

The "German " army parka jacket was where it was at unless you were really fancy and had an original fishtail parka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

The popular CG ones look like an old lagging jacket. My personal favourite is a Moncler camo coat in some garish colour paired with shorts. Bonus if it has the tricolour flag emblazoned on the chest on top of the camo. Very stylish.

Or how about stone island? Another very commonly faked brand that has a bad reputation even though it started out as an “ high end upmarket” brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The "German " army parka jacket was where it was at unless you were really fancy and had an original fishtail parka.

A tenner in Army Bargains. Take out the lining in the summer. Button it back in in the winter. If you were lucky there was a tear in it somewhere that was stitched up, and you could tell your mates it was a bullet hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

You'd wonder who these people are trying to impress... I mean, who literally gives a **** what jacket one wears.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

A tenner in Army Bargains. Take out the lining in the summer. Button it back in in the winter. If you were lucky there was a tear in it somewhere that was stitched up, and you could tell your mates it was a bullet hole.

Fantastic for outdoor field drinking , you could survive blizzards , storms , you could even pass out from alcohol poisoning in winter and survive wearing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭fits

I coveted one of these jackets when I was in Finland and walked to work in temps around -25. These coats are completely unsuitable for Irish climate though. Way too warm and down isn’t the best for rain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

This thread has already been done before, no need to duplicate it. Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement