Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size cable for long extension?

Options
  • 21-02-2021 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭

I run a 1500W table saw out in the shed on an extension cable. The old cable (probably 1.5mm) needs replacing and I wondered what to get?

Ideally I'd like to make up a 50m extension cable but if I run it directly it only needs to be about 30m for the table saw.

Would 2.5mm Artic Blue cable be OK for the job?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Dred.

I run a 1500W table saw out in the shed on an extension cable. The old cable (probably 1.5mm) needs replacing and I wondered what to get?

Ideally I'd like to make up a 50m extension cable but if I run it directly it only needs to be about 30m for the table saw.

Would 2.5mm Artic Blue cable be OK for the job?

Keep it short and use 2.5

Can't be guaranteed, you run the risk of motor burnout if the voltage drop is too high at startup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Is this a permanent setup?
    You should run SWA.

Advertisement