Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car vacuums

Options
  • 21-02-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am just wondering could anyone recommend a reasonable priced cordless vacuum for car please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Going to ask the obvious question but why a cordless?
    You'll never get as much suction power as you would from a mains version

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lidl had a wet and dry vac for €40 last week. Fantastic suction.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

In my experience, cordless, while convenient (and decent suction in some models), are a bit awkward. You have the attachment which is about 3-6 inches long, and then the unit itself which is another ~12 inches long. It makes getting into certain areas of the car difficult. It is very handy though, gets about 90% of the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I have a Dyson V8 that I use around the house and for doing small jobs on my own car. It is a bit cumbersome to get into crevices which is why I recently bought an extension hose and it's perfect.

Having said that, I only use it to give the mats and driver's footwell a quick hoover every week. For big jobs on customer cars I use my corded Lidl wet and dry vac. As someone said above it has fantastic suction that you just won't get with those cordless dust buster type vaccuums.

Advertisement