Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When public hospitals open again?

Options
  • 21-02-2021 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Was wondering when do the public hospitals resume the outpatients appointments? Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Was wondering when do the public hospitals resume the outpatients appointments? Any ideas.

Most already are
    Most didn't stop all their appointments.
    I've an appointment next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 merci beaucu

Unfortunately, Connolly hostipal in D15 did stop and does not seem in a hurry to open...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I would have said a lot of hospitals did stop procedures and appointments. Certain services like oncology and dialysis appointments would have continued. Some may have moved online.

A lot will be resuming their services in the next couple of weeks as the number of people in hospital with Covid is falling quite steadily. It up to each individual hospital.

Perhaps give Connolly a ring and someone may be able to give you a timeframe as to when their services will resume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

My mother had her appointments with oncology cancelled by St James'. Rescheduled to early April. They did continue with urgent appointments though. She is now saying she won't go until she's vaccinated, and doesn't look like that will be until May.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jtkpenguin

The Royal Victoria Eye & Ear has had outpatient appointments & operations going on throughout the last year, albeit slightly less in number... I've had an eye operation last June & again in January with follow-up appointments each time.

Their emergency department was closed to walk-in patients, instead you need to ring for an appointment which was same day.

• Advertisement

My mother has just had another oncology appointment cancelled by SJH for tomorrow, citing rising Covid cases. At this stage this is unacceptable. I didn't think things were that bad. She hasn't been seen since November now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 merci beaucu

Feel sorry for your mother. I cannot even imagine how she feels now. It is unbelivable that all private hospitals are working, doing all the procedures and people get help because they have money for insuarence. Basically let all with no insuarence die out... Feels like pure water discrimination on the income basis. I am gutted, have not heard from Connolly yet.

Feel sorry for your mother. I cannot even imagine how she feels now. It is unbelivable that all private hospitals are working, doing all the procedures and people get help because they have money for insuarence. Basically let all with no insuarence die out... Feels like pure water discrimination on the income basis. I am gutted, have not heard from Connolly yet.

I'm sorry you're still waiting too. My mother will go private now as she has good health insurance, but hadn't needed it as she was seen without delay in public for this condition and she won't go anywhere except SJH anyway. She was fine with the appointment cancellation in January with several thousand cases a day, but not now. She will just see the same consultant in St James' private clinic. It's a ridiculous and unacceptable situation. I hope you are seen soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

We had family in hospital and in outpatient during last year and some still attend regular clinic. Some delays and difficulties. We know others having similar issues.

I assume it's staffing issues causing at random across services. Since they fall sick and have to isolate etc.

Advertisement