Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 557: 16/1/21 - 22/1/21

Options
  • 20-02-2021 9:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Morrisseeee
    50822546612_cf688c801f_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Myksyk
    50842628662_e37610e4a4_c.jpg

jaansu
    50845667832_68b7f83bc4_c.jpg

Portlawslim
    50839515406_a7ec30c0ea_c.jpg

NEW WAVE
    OxO1qKi.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Morrisseeee
    Can you give some information on the winning shot?
    WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thanks Myksyk, shot is of Ballard Waterfall, which is on my backdoor but never knew it existed until recently, there's an interesting story related to the Waterfall as it is regarded to have been a hiding place for Irish highwayman William (Willie) Brennan and his loot. Maybe there's still some hidden there :eek: ;)

The evening I visited was just after our coldest night of the year @ -7'C (hence the icicles in the wider shot). I took out my old 28mm Nikkor lens and tried a composition (with tripod), it gave me a more close in view. In post-processing I went for a B&W look and 'tried' to process the balance between light and dark areas.
    /some great photos as usual, not just this week but every week and thanks to Myksyk for your continued dedicated work on this forum

50965679856_93c180a80c_w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Thanks Myksyk

SNIP

The evening I visited was just after our coldest night of the year @ -7'C (hence the icicles in the wider shot). I took out my old 28mm Nikkor lens and tried a composition (with tripod), it gave me a more close in view. In post-processing I went for a B&W look and 'tried' to process the balance between light and dark areas.

Wow, well done in getting out there in MINUS 7 - and thanks for the detailed explanation - great work and a very well deserved POTW

Advertisement