Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Garden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

Absolutely brilliant site.

Listen to national and local radio stations from everywhere by zooming in and clicking on a map of the world. No better way to pass the huge amount of covid time we all have on our hands..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just found Jazz Radio Ireland which is.....nice.
    Great site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/21/radio-garden-app-brings-stations-millions-lockdown

Didn't know what it was when OP posted, and saw this over the weekend.

Great idea, opening up the world of radio to new listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

excellent find,

i presume more stations are added all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I have been alluding to Radio Garden in various threads since last year. It's a great resource. You can also do searches on names: stations, locations. Various pirates, past and present, can be found on Radio Garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

It's an amazing resource for discovering music that's obscure in this part of the world, Alefamusic on the northern tip of Madagascar is a great station I saw recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have been alluding to Radio Garden in various threads since last year. It's a great resource. You can also do searches on names: stations, locations. Various pirates, past and present, can be found on Radio Garden.

I posted about it on 29 June 2019. Nobody took any notice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

please forgive us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

I posted about it on 29 June 2019. Nobody took any notice.
    Decaln, Dx Hound - I've been an avid listener since you posted - Thanks!

I only learned of it recently, I guess it's boomed during lockdown as a way for people to explore the world vicariously while unable to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Radio Garden is playing a blinder today as I dip in and out of Radio Caroline (AM 648) with it's monthly joint broadcast on Manx Radio AM (1368kh). I can listen to either on Radio Garden, but it's the same broadcast!

Also appreciate the Arctic Outpost on Svalbard playing the greatest hits of the 1940s seemingly constantly.

how does it know where i live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Your IP.

but my IP is dublin> my service provider

and i actually live in the west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Guys... can I add Radio Garden to play on my Alexa???

Advertisement