Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with identifying semiconductor IRF830

Options
  • 19-02-2021 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm doing some DIY and I would like to try fixing a small PCB.
    My guess is that one or two IRF830 melted and I want to replace it, but I'm not sure how to exactly identify the correct type to buy a replacement.

I'm new into boards and attaching images is disabled, so I will do my best to describe them.

The first one has this text printed "IRF830 705P 39 T2".
    The second one has this text printed "IRF830IRF830 705P 39 TX".

They both look the same and the only difference between them is the text "T2" vs "TX".

I cannot find any reference to T2 or TX online but instead I found these following items available to buy.
    Unfortunately, even links are disabled... but at least copy&paste the address in the browser works:

1 IRF830 in RS Components at ie.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfets/5429434/

3 IRF830 in Farnell at ie.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CompareProductsDisplay?catalogId=15001&langId=353&storeId=10163&catentryId=192596041,64939496,64644186&pageType=PLP

Can you please help me to understand which item matches the "T2" and "TX" above?
    Or how to best source them?

Any advice is very welcome, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flyb4ck

I don't know the specifics of the devices you have but in general I can say that all those numbers following the product can refer to package type, range of temperature, lead free or not and other parameters defined by the manufacturer. Depending on the circuit you're working on I think any IRF830 might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zipelkopf

@Flyb4ck

Thanks for your reply, it's a small circuit to control the speed of a fan.
    I'm going to give it a try then :-)

Cheers

Advertisement