Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Strip Replacement help

Options
  • 18-02-2021 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have an approx 1m led strip above an alcove. It’s white light and not that pleasant. Want to change to a warm white. It has a connection to a power supply that looks like what you might plug a 3.5mm head phone Jack into.

Could someone advise me what to look up so I can find a place to buy.

Would I benefit from a light diffuser.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭karlitob

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all

I have an approx 1m led strip above an alcove. It’s white light and not that pleasant. Want to change to a warm white. It has a connection to a power supply that looks like what you might plug a 3.5mm head phone Jack into.

Could someone advise me what to look up so I can find a place to buy.

Would I benefit from a light diffuser.

Thanks all.

Forgot photos

karlitob wrote: »
    Forgot photos

Appreciate any help with this. I see a lot of strips with two wires but none with the connector already attached.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

These are just cheapo 12volt white strips from ebay..
    Poor efficiency also. Newer ones are much better.

5Meter strips are cheap as chips, you could try to solder then yourself, plenty of spare for practice!
    Or
    Get a complete package (with colour!)

5050 types are the older, 3528 generally seem to be nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

whizbang wrote: »
    These are just cheapo 12volt white strips from ebay..
    Poor efficiency also. Newer ones are much better.

5Meter strips are cheap as chips, you could try to solder then yourself, plenty of spare for practice!
    Or
    Get a complete package (with colour!)

5050 types are the older, 3528 generally seem to be nicer.

Thanks for reply. Much obliged.
    Do you mean something like this? I probably don’t understand this stuff but this 5m strip doesn’t seem cheap as chips.

I can’t find 3528 in this website. Thanks.

https://xpresselectrical.ie/product/xe-pro-24v-5m-flexible-led-strip-lighting-60led-m-2216-smd-ip20-2300k/

• Advertisement
Advertisement