Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor heating leak

Options
  • 18-02-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have an underfloor heating system with a leak that has get progressively worse in recent weeks. I used to top up the pressure maybe once a month but in recent weeks im now topping it up at least weekly and it takes longer to fill.
    There is no obvious wet spots on the floor, bulging tiles or leaks from the visible pipework. Im located in south Co.Meath if that makes any difference.
    Has anyone had a similar issue and how was the leak located?
    Would a thermal camera or pressure test on each circuit work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭davebuck

How many circuits/zones are on the system and start to isolate them to see which one drops the pressure. I'm sure someone with the same experience will reply shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I have found them before using thermal imaging equipment but it's not always successful unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

davebuck wrote: »
    How many circuits/zones are on the system and start to isolate them to see which one drops the pressure. .
    Theres 18 curcuits, some of the larger rooms have 2 circuits. Im not sure how to isolate them.

Advertisement