Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping eir F2000 modem

Options
  • 18-02-2021 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, if I swap an eir F2000 modem with another one (which will be in bridge mode) will it just work or does eir have to provision something on their end for the modem?

Reason being that I cannot travel to the location to put the modem into bridge mode so thought I could configure one I have here and ship it to site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Remote control tools like TeamViewer not an option? To be on safe side might require independent internet connection (hotspot over phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭wandererz

Remote control tools like TeamViewer not an option? To be on safe side might require independent internet connection (hotspot over phone)

Unfortunately not an option. If I do that, I immediately lose connectivity and a firewall has to be plugged behind the modem.
    The folks onsite are incapable of swapping some cables around. And if I have to reverse the process for whatever reason it will be an even bigger problem.

So I plan on shipping a spare modem I have here,all pre-configured and get someone locally to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

wandererz wrote: »
    ..... I immediately lose connectivity and a firewall has to be plugged behind the modem.
    Hence independent internet connection - computer with Eth + WiFi (tether from the phone )

Advertisement