Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech7 Plumb

Options
  • 18-02-2021 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Eze

I have a small leak in my pressurized heating system. Having to top up every month. Nothing showing anywhere.

I have some tech7 plumb to put into it. Instructions say to run circulating pump after putting the stuff in the system (oil fired). Should the circulator be run without firing the boiler? It doesn't clarify this on the can. It only says to run circulator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

I can’t answer you that, but just to suggest checking the expansion vessel(s) before you go down that road. A leaking diaphragm could give rise to the symptoms you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Trapeze
    Eze

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    I can’t answer you that, but just to suggest checking the expansion vessel(s) before you go down that road. A leaking diaphragm could give rise to the symptoms you suggest.

Thanks for reply. Tank is fine. Nothing from safety valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Trapeze wrote: »
    I have a small leak in my pressurized heating system. Having to top up every month. Nothing showing anywhere.

I have some tech7 plumb to put into it. Instructions say to run circulating pump after putting the stuff in the system (oil fired). Should the circulator be run without firing the boiler? It doesn't clarify this on the can. It only says to run circulator.

The instructions are telling you to run the heating system to move the chemicals around. If you knew roughly where the leak was you could shut off other rads to force the sealer in the desired area. If your plumber put in the chemicals he'd tell you to run heating system full blast for a few hours, even if this means opening windows because it's too warm. This is good stuff. I like that it also has inhibitor in it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Trapeze
    Eze

Great. That's the information I needed. Thanks.

Advertisement