Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from Republic to Northern Ireland

Options
  • 17-02-2021 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've recently moved to Belfast from Sligo with my car that was originally an English registered but I've since paid VRT to re-register it. It looks like I will have to register it again to a Northern reg as insurers will not cover non-UK cars here. Does anybody know if I will have to pay VRT again on the car or any other charges if I wish to move back to the Republic next year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

No you won’t have to

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As long as you are not applying for a VRT rebate when registering it in NI then you won't have to pay VRT again when you register it down south again.

Advertisement