Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps5 eject button won't eject discs issue

Options
  • 17-02-2021 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Has anyone else with a ps5 experience this issue is it easy fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You’re still under warranty - suggest looking into getting in touch with who you got it from - problem will be the shortages may leave you without one.

Personally though I rarely if ever use the button, I normally just eject from the pad - regardless though it might be a sign of other issues or you could be lucky and its a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Taltos wrote: »
    You’re still under warranty - suggest looking into getting in touch with who you got it from - problem will be the shortages may leave you without one.

Personally though I rarely if ever use the button, I normally just eject from the pad - regardless though it might be a sign of other issues or you could be lucky and its a once off

Thanks Taltos for the reply yeah lucky way around the issue just wasn't expecting this issue only have it two months from Amazon, wondering will they replace it I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Haven’t used the eject button on my ps4 or ps5 in years.
    Controller eject is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They prob will replace it but might not have one in stock to give you.

If it gets stuck. There is a way to manually eject a stuck disk. There is a screw under the back cover. Turn it clockwise and the disk slides out.

YouTube clip here explains it nicely.

https://youtu.be/wooANn6fGGw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Assuming you can eject discs via the controller I'd be checking that my receipt is kept in a very, very safe place and just wait it out until all of the PS5 supply issues are sorted in a few months time.

If you wait as long as possible you might get a new one with a hardware revision thats ironed out this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

did you buy the digital edition and accidentally shove a disk in between the plastic? :D

Skerries wrote: »
    did you buy the digital edition and accidentally shove a disk in between the plastic? :D

Haha i wish 😂

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Assuming you can eject discs via the controller I'd be checking that my receipt is kept in a very, very safe place and just wait it out until all of the PS5 supply issues are sorted in a few months time.

If you wait as long as possible you might get a new one with a hardware revision thats ironed out this issue.

Yeah you can remove it from the controller when on, just inconvenience and fact it a new machine, could have more problems long term with disc drive as it can be problematic I hear

Advertisement