Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird burner not pumping oil

Options
  • 17-02-2021 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

As the heading, my Firebird is not pumping the oil to the unit. Changed over to a new oil tank last week and all was working fine until Sunday. Bled the the burner after the change over and no air. Tried again today but still no air as oil coming through. There is no water in the new tank as I dipped it with the water paste and showed nothing.
    Burner starts up but doesn't "kick-in" like it did before. Is changing the oil pump on the burner straight forward as per you-tube or should I get a pro. Problem is most plumbers are so busy it could be days and I have kids and wife wearing coats and teenagers starting to smell too...:D

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Pumps can fail in this scenario if the oil is disturbed and some dirk gets into the pump.
    New pump needs setting i believe.

you dont want to be messing with that - get a professional and if its an indoor burner, dont even dream of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

could be as simple as a blocked nozzle or could be a faulty pump

get somebody with the gear to test /repair / set it up properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Turned out not to be pump but the burner. Had tried new pump but no luck so bought burner then. Have it installed and house back roasting. Teens can wash again TF...:D

Thanks for comments.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Glad you got it working.

For future readers of this; burners rarely need replacement and can almost always be repaired. Even new burners need to be adjusted to suit the boiler and installation conditions to have them run efficiently and safely.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement