Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Farmhouse - PAYG 4g Wired / WiFi - What do I need?

Options
  • 17-02-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to get a PAYG wired / WiFI solution set up in an old farmhouse with 2ft thick walls.

There is a strong 4g signal upstairs at the back of the house when you basically lean out the window. As soon as you move away from the window, the signal dies.

At the front of the house at ground level, there is little to no 4g signal.

I only need the connection for a few months and on an ad hoc basis so not really interested in a Sky / Eir / etc. connection, I'm pretty sure they don't do PAYG / monthly?

I have a Huawei 4g hotspot dongle thingy but looking for advice on what (I think) I need.

Is there a way to mount an outside aerial that will catch a 4g signal and allow me to set up a wired connection point anywhere in the house?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is.

Huawei B593s-22 (theres better but you probably wont spend much for a temp setup), Three 28 day PAYG phone sim, antenna to match and whatever mounting hardware you require.

Advertisement