Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 17-02-2021 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    My parents tried to have Virgin install fibre recently but after some pretty awful customer service and billed for something they hadn't had installed they where informed that unfortunately they can't get fibre. They are presently using Vodafone getting 6mbps and doing some research is appears max speed to the house is 18mbps.

I have a 4g router and popped in my Vodafone sim and was getting 60mbps+ so I'm keen to explore this option as it would be much faster and cheaper than what they currently have.

Looking at the T&Cs - there is a hard limit of 300gbs which seems very strange but more worryingly the speed seems to be capped at 10mbps (see point 9 under the Simply Broadband 4g T&Cs)

If this is the case its not worth changing. Does anyone have any experience?

The other option is get a sim only mobile plan and use the data in the 4g router but I've been told they don't allow excessive data use like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Hi,

Sorry that this is not relevant, but I’m looking for anyone that has an old Vodafone 4G router that they are not using?

My house went on fire Thursday and I have no Wifi, so looking to get hold of one asap. I am willing to pay for it and postage.

Please message me if you know of anyone that has one they’re no longer using.

Advertisement