Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Princess Panarama special on BBC1 now

Options
  • 16-02-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

About the Princess Latfa that went missing in the UAE in Dubai in 2018.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Mary Robinson on now. Says she was spun a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

She Mary Robinson that is was certainly made to look like a fool and was fooled no doubt about it. I would say that was there plan so they could say Princess Latifa is not well and needs to be kept in. Poor woman. Can not be good for her wherever she is stuck in solitary confinement just because she wants to take control of her own life and do her own thing. I hope she eventually gets away to do that. Imagine a father treating his daughter like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭Tork

If Mary Robinson now realises she was made a fool of, she's late to the party. It was blatantly obvious at the time that she was being used as a stooge. I hope this poor woman is safe and ok but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's depressing to see and read about how women are treated in these countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

FIFA happy to be getting a few bucks regardless.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10225058367903597&id=1150046698

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That's Qatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know why he picked on that particular daughter to imprison/torture?

According to the programme, he has 25 children (not sure how many are girls), and had one of them at the races meeting the Queen - why has he gone so bald-headed to disappear this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

According to the programme, he has 25 children (not sure how many are girls), and had one of them at the races meeting the Queen - why has he gone so bald-headed to disappear this one?

She's the only one who spoke out?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Possibly. Probably, even.

I genuinely was puzzled watching the programme last night, it never adressed where this whole thing actually started, just started with her going to escape the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think it is because she wants to live an independent life. She escaped to London in 2000 and then was captured again. I think that was the first time.

Yes she wanted to live an independent life that's it I think.
    Possibly. Probably, even.

I genuinely was puzzled watching the programme last night, it never adressed where this whole thing actually started, just started with her going to escape the next day.
    I think it started as her been a teen wanting to go and do her own things. She went to London but was eventually brought back home.
    The Sheikh would feel it's a failure of his if they do not live the way he wants them to. A very backwards way of thinking. So he would prefer to keep her in solitary confinement than let her live her life how she likes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they probably have her sedated off her face,

Mary Robinson was duped no doubt, i'm surprised she wasn't more savvy to what was going on

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

She's definitely the wild one in the family and seems to have mental issues. Must be tough hold up in a villa just off the beach.

If she played her cards right she'll move into the palaces with the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Was Robinson paid for her involvement? If so it might explain why she was ‘apparently’ duped.

Advertisement