Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH NBI/KN install – locating NTU/ONT internally

Options
  • 16-02-2021 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

All going well I’m due to have FTTH from NBI/Digiweb installed in the coming weeks. Need some information on the actual install; I’ve searched online and here on boards but can’t seem to find a definite answer.

Just want to know if the installer will bring the fibre cable into the home using preinstalled trunking so I can have the NTU/ONT unit in a room within the house?

I’ve installed the trunking from the gable of the house running into a room in the centre of the house. 20mm circular trunking with pull rope ready.

The total internal run is apx 12 meters from gable wall.

Have found the attached (“NBI Install”) on a NBI document online but I’m hoping to have the install done as per second attachment (“Baz NBI install”).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can't answer but couldn't you run a cat6 through the duct to connect ONT to that internal room? Would have the same effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

KN did it for me on an Eir install.
    Brought the cable in at the gable and ran along the roof void space and down through a hole I had drilled in the ceiling to the room I wanted it, in the middle of the house. I think once it is made easy for them they will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭baz9375

TheDriver wrote: »
    Can't answer but couldn't you run a cat6 through the duct to connect ONT to that internal room? Would have the same effect.

The entry point on the gable wall is directly into attic space and from what I've read no installers will enter the attic.

I have no power sockets in the attic for the ONT either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,862 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd assume as long as it's easy as pie for them and you have the entrance exactly where they would enter the house anyway they would have no issues.

They are looking for ease. Get in get out.

Advertisement