Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera & Mic for Streaming PC & Console Games

Options
  • 16-02-2021 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used the Trust Mantis GXT 232 mic for stream gaming? A bit worried about quality overall, keyboard feedback and background noise from another person watching TV in the same room.

Also looking for recommendations for a web cam. I would like to buy a good quality camera like a DSLR for photography so is there anything out there that I could also use for streaming that is a DSLR or high grade camera for photography?

c922-pro-hd-webcam-refresh.png
    81%2BiGFcGqeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Depends on budget of course, and whether you want full frame/crop sensor etc, but I'd be looking at something like the Sony A6XXX series with a decent lens for the camera. Honestly, I'd increase the budget for the mic too. People will tolerate a subpar picture of the streamer far quicker than they'll tolerate substandard audio!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you want to spend big on the camera, don't cheap out on the mic :) Blue brand mics (Snowball and Yeti) are very highly regarded as good quality entry-level audio for PC that'll let you test the waters without bankrupting yourself. But if you want to upgrade from there, you get something like a Focusrite Scarlett and invest in a Shure or some other high-end broadcaster condenser mic.

People use DSLR digital cameras for webcams - if you've already got one, it might be an option.

Advertisement